How to get the nest thermostat to work with Alexa
STEPS TO SET UP NEST WITH ALEXA
1. Set up and install the nest thermostat generation 3
2. Set up and install the Amazon Alexa App.
3. Within the Amazon Alexa App click on the “Skills Tab” within the Amazon Alexa menu.
4. Search “Nest” in the skills tab, and click enable on the nest skill.
5. Login in to your nest account.
6. Nest and Alexa now work together. You can now say “Alexa, set thermostat to 72 degrees”
Best Nest Thermostat & Amazon Alexa Commands
“Alexa, set thermostat to 70 degrees”
The nest thermostat gen 3 will then change temperature to requested.
“Alexa, set thermostat to heat”
Changes nest thermostat to heating mode.
“Alexa, set thermostat to cool”
Changes nest thermostat to cooling mode.
“Alexa, set thermostat to eco mode”
Changes nest thermostat to eco mode to save energy.
“Alexa, set thermostat to off”
Turns off nest thermostat.
“Alexa, what temperature is the thermostat set to?”
Alexa will respond by telling you if your thermostat is in heating or cooling mode and what temperature your thermostat is currently set to.
Related Blog Post: Best 101 Amazon Alexa Voice Commands
Best Amazon Alexa Device: Amazon Echo Spot
Best Accessories For Your Nest Thermostat
Do you want a cover plate for your nest thermostat to match your decor?
Stainless Steel Nest Cover Plate
Round White Nest Wall Cover Plate
Brushed Aluminum Nest Wall Cover Plate
Related Blog Post: Best WiFi Network for Nest